I’ve noticed an increase in traffic from searches for Pullman and the upcoming The Golden Compass movie adaptation, so as a service, here’s an index to my posts on the topic:
- Pullman opens a can of whup ass on Harry Potter: A friend introduces to me to the book.
- Pullman wins Whitbread Prize
- Interview with Pullman in Thirdway
- Index to articles on Pullman at The Guardian
- BBC Radio adaptation of The Golden Compass
- Expat Selection: The Golden Compass goes in my dessert island selection
- Lyra better not be going to ‘Band Camp’: First rumor that Chris American Pie Weitz to write and direct adaptation.
- Lyra Flees Band Camp: temporary hope that Weitz is off the project.
- Oh god, Lyra is going to band camp: The awful truth revealed, Weitz directing, and Stoppard’s script jettisoned.
- PanserbjÃ¸rne!: First-look at footage from the movie
There’s also a recent Atlantic Monthly article (subscription required, on how Hollywood eviscerated the book for the movie adaptation. A money quote:
At the [Cannes Film] festival, the studio had delivered a sheet of talking points to the hotel room of at least one cast member, Sam Eilliot, who plays a Texas aeronaut in the film. According to Elliot, the talking points instructed that if the question of Pullman’s religious views came up, the actors should “just avoid it and play stupid.”
I’m planning on seeing the movie, but disappointed that Hollywood caved to the culture war bullies.
Possibly Related posts (machine generated):